Pain Free Dentistry. Competitive Rates Starting From $500. Available for Emergency Wisdom Teeth, Dental Implants, Fillings, Root Canals, Nervous patients or Sensitive Gag Reflect.
The most common reason why people do not visit the dentist is fear related
Many people who experience this crippling fear neglect their dental health and end up in a worse situation, which usually leads to greater expense.
Because we understand your fears we offer pain free dentistry administered by a qualified and accredited dental sedationist. We have monthly sessions available for appointments that we find book well ahead due to the demand for this service.
IV Sedation dentistry has many names including sleep dentistry, twilight dentistry and conscious sedation.
The more common procedures provided under dental sedation are:
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Dental implants
- Root canal therapy
- Sensitive gag reflex patients
- Complex procedures
However, virtually any dental procedure can be performed under the management of a dental sedationist.
What does sedation do?
Sedation enables you to receive treatment in a relaxed and comfortable environment. Administered, predominantly utilizes a combination of sedatives and pain reducers.
What are the advantages of sedation?
- Due to the medication lengthy procedures seem to only take minutes
- The majority of patients actually fall asleep during the procedure
- Compared with oral sedation, effects are more predictable and recovery can be quicker
- Sedation can be a cheaper option when compared with general anaesthesia in hospital care
Sedation is the ideal option for patients who:
- Have had past negative experiences at the dentist
- Are apprehensive about a certain procedure (example wisdom teeth removal)
- Don’t want to remember much regarding the procedure
- Want to be in a relaxed and comfortable environment
After any sedation appointment you will need a carer as you cannot be left alone or drive for 24 hours after the procedure.
Please note this type of sedation is not to be confused with a full General Anaesthesia, which is usually administered by an Anaesthetist in hospital.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 3396 4094 to arrange an appointment if you require further information regarding Iv sedation.